Menstruation and menopause are terms discussed widely, but rarely in context to the individual as a whole. What are the full term health implications of menstruation to menopause, and beyond?
On this eLearning course from the Menopause School, you will explore what it means to view menstrual health as the 5th vital sign and how healthy ageing is directly related to healthy menopausing. The course will also demonstrate the leading evidence-based information for supporting menopause transition.
What topics will you cover?
- Module 1 provides foundation knowledge on hormone basics, menstruation and the hormone collective. We introduce the concept of a Hormone Highway as the framework from which we will then explore both hormonal ageing and reproductive ageing in relevant and meaningful terms to the modern menopause.
- BONUS: now includes the entire audio series by Talking Periods – Menstrual Health Made Easy
- Module 2 looks at menopause in-depth, including what it is (and is not) as well as highlighting commonly held myths and misdirection around menopause.
- Module 3 discusses the different approaches to managing menopause transition. It explores how HRT can be delivered and the types of difficulties if can help. We also present the benefits of a whole person approach to the menopause experience.
- Module 4 focuses on the bigger picture, the menopause tool-kit and the positive role it can have on menopause well-being and long term disability-free living.
When would you like to start?
- – Available today, on demand, with 12 months online access.
The style of learning:
- – Modular content, locked sequentially.
- – Class notes and videos, designed to fit different learning styles, so you can go at your own pace.
- – Quiz after each lesson: 100% pass rate required to unlock the next module.
- – Comprehensive manual available for download.
Who will you learn with?
- – Fiona Catchpowle: CEO of The Menopause School, Educator, BMS Affiliate
What will you achieve?
- – Advanced Certification from The Menopause School & The CPDUK accreditation service
- – You will graduate as a Menopause Doula on completion of ALL modules and quizzes, plus a final submission of case-studies for discussion with a mentor.
What happens next?
- – After purchasing you will have instant access to the course
- – Shortly after purchase you will receive an email confirming your registration and instructions on how to access the content
- – If you have any technical difficulties please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What Will You Learn?
- The latest evidenced based information on menopause and healthy ageing
- The comprehensive knowledge to guide support and signpost individuals so they feel confident in their next best step.
- How to enable others with relevant & meaningful information from which they can then make an informed choice.
How to get started
Quiz (hormone basics)
The Hormone Collective04:05
Quiz (hormone collective)
Signs & Symptoms07:13
Quiz (signs & symptoms)
Risks & Consequences04:10
Quiz (risks & consequences)
Hormone based therapy00:00
Complementary & Lifestyle Therapy06:03
Quiz (complementary & lifestyle therapy)
The Menopause Tool-kit04:48
Menstrual Health Made Easy (audio links)00:00
Menstrual Health Made Easy – download collection00:00
Student Ratings & Reviews
The course has given me so much more information and allows me to understand the journey that I am on in so much more detail. I have really enjoyed sharing the information that I’ve learnt with my friends and family. Many of my friends are of the same age and are experiencing the menopause to one degree or another and have found it really fascinating to hear about all that I am learning. I think one of the main points that women comment on when I am discussing information from the course with them is that most women have no idea that oestrogen affects the whole of their body. This really is a bit of a revelation when it comes to understanding menopause symptoms and allows women to make sense of why they are so diverse.
The information on the course has been clear and concise and the online booklet is a great tool for easy referral . The quiz’s were a good way to check your knowledge . I liked that they were at then end of each section to ensure that the knowledge was retained.
I’m really looking Forward to continuing to share my knowledge. I’m working with Nikki Hughes at ‘Mind Body Strong’ specialising in training women in fitness throughout menopause and so this course to me has been wonderful.
Thank you so much to all at the menopause school. Kind regards. Lisa x