Menstruation and menopause are terms discussed widely, but rarely in context to the individual as a whole. What are the full term health implications of menstruation to menopause, and beyond?
On this advanced eLearning course from the Menopause School, you will explore what it means to view menstrual health as the 5th vital sign and how healthy ageing is directly related to healthy menopausing. The course will also demonstrate the leading evidence-based information for supporting menopause transition.
What topics will you cover?
- Module 1 provides foundation knowledge on hormone basics, menstruation and the hormone collective. We introduce the concept of a Hormone Highway as the framework from which we will then explore both hormonal ageing and reproductive ageing in relevant and meaningful terms to the modern menopause.
- Module 2 looks at menopause in-depth, including what it is (and is not) as well as highlighting commonly held myths and misdirection around menopause.
- Module 3 discusses the different approaches to managing menopause transition. It explores how HRT can be delivered and the types of difficulties if can help. We also present the benefits of a whole person approach to the menopause experience.
- Module 4 focuses on the bigger picture, the menopause tool-kit and the positive healthy menopausing can have on long term disability-free living.
- Module 5 bonus material in the form of mini-masterclasses. Frank discussions between Fiona Catchpowle and Dr Jo, on a wide range of topics including vaginal health, bone health, sex & relationships.
When would you like to start?
- – Available today, on demand, with 12 months online access.
The style of learning:
- – Modular content, locked sequentially.
- – Class notes and videos, designed to fit different learning styles, so you can go at your own pace.
- – Quiz after each lesson: 100% pass rate required to unlock the next module.
- – Comprehensive manual available for download.
Who will you learn with?
- – Dr Joanne Hobson: Advanced Menopause and Psychosexual Medicine Specialist. MBBS, DRCOG, FRSH. Member of British Menopause Society, Membership of Institute of Psychosexual Medicine.
- – Fiona Catchpowle: Creator of The Menopause School, Menopause Doula, Educator, BMS Affiliate
What will you achieve?
- – Advanced Certification from The Menopause School & The CPDUK accreditation service
- – You will graduate on completion of ALL modules and quizzes.
What happens next?
- – After purchasing you will have instant access to the course
- – Shortly after purchase you will receive an email confirming your registration and instructions on how to access the content
- – If you have any technical difficulties please email: email@example.com
On completion of payment you will be asked to provide proof of qualification. This information must be provided within 72 hours of registration or we will disable access until such time it is received.
What Will You Learn?
- The latest evidenced based information on menopause and healthy ageing
- The comprehensive knowledge to guide support and signpost individuals so they feel confident in their next best step.
- How to enable others with relevant & meaningful information from which they can then make an informed choice.
How to get started
Lesson 1 – Hormone Basics03:17
Lesson 1 Quiz
Lesson 2 – Menstruation05:53
Lesson 2 Quiz
Lesson 3 – The Hormone Collective02:56
Lesson 3 Quiz
Lesson 4 – Menopause09:44
Lesson 4.1 – Types of Menopause08:41
Lesson 4.2 – Preferred terms02:08
Lesson 4 Quiz
Lesson 5 – Signs & Symptoms11:17
Lesson 5 Quiz
Lesson 6 – Risks & Consequences02:33
Lesson 6 Quiz
Lesson 7 – Hormone based therapy19:44
Lesson 8 – Complementary & Lifestyle Therapy05:14
Lesson 8 Quiz
The Menopause Tool-kit
Fiona and Dr Jo talk – Incontinence06:18
Fiona and Dr Jo talk – Insomnia07:59
Fiona and Dr Jo talk – Vaginal health05:07
Fiona and Dr Jo talk – Testosterone, sex & relationships03:28
Fiona and Dr Jo talk – Bone Health06:15